09 November 2014

Reading Roundup Wrapup: October 2014

Pick of the month: Jim Henson: The Biography by Brian Jay Jones. I'm not a big Hensonite in the way that some of my generation are; of course, I grew up watching Sesame Street, but I never saw The Muppet Show until I was an adult, just a few of the films. But reading this book gave me a huge appreciation for a man who was obviously quite talented, and now I want to see all those things he did that I never saw, and rewatch the ones that I have seen. I was surprised how emotional I was reading about his memorial service.

All books read:
1. The Professor Challenger Adventures, Volume II: When the World Screamed & Other Stories by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
2. Dark Moon Rising: Batman and the Mad Monk by Matt Wagner
3. Doctor Who II, Volume 4: As Time Goes By by Joshua Hale Fialkov
4. The Brontës Went to Woolworths by Rachel Ferguson
5. Afterimage by Helen Humphreys
6. Star Trek: The Next Generation / Doctor Who: Assimiliation² by Scott & David Tipton with Tony Lee
7. Batman: Prey by Doug Moench
8. The Raw Shark Texts by Steven Hall
9. Tess of the D’Urbervilles by Thomas Hardy
10. Jim Henson: The Biography by Brian Jay Jones
11. Doctor Who, Volume I: The Hypothetical Gentleman by Andy Diggle and Brandon Seifert

All books acquired:
1. Star Wars: Dark Times, Volume Seven: A Spark Remains by Randy Stradley
2. Star Wars: Dawn of the Jedi, Book Three: Force War by John Ostrander & Jan Duursema
3. The Star Wars: Based on the Rough-Draft Screenplay by George Lucas by J. W. Rinzler
4. Wait Wait...I'm Not Done Yet! by Carl Kasell
5. The New Adventures: The Joy Device by Justin Richards

Books remaining on "To be read" list: 559

No comments:

Post a Comment