as Steve Mollmann
- "The Alternative Factors: IDW's Star Trek comics by the numbers" (Unreality SF, 28 June 2010)
- "His Humanity Proven" (part 8 of The Twelve Doctors of Christmas, Tor.com, 2 Jan. 2011)
- "Frank Reade Jr.’s Electric Time Canoe; or, The Search for the Origins of Steampunk: A Remarkable Adventure in Time and Empire" (collected in Wildthyme in Purple, eds. Stuart Douglas and Cody Quijano-Schell, 2011)
- "Lasting impressions" (part 1 of Celebrating Tie-Ins, Unreality SF, 2 Apr. 2013)
as Steve Mollmann, with Michael Schuster
- Star Trek: S.C.E. #62: What's Past, Book Two: The Future Begins (2006, collected in Star Trek: Corps of Engineers: What's Past, 2010)
- "Meet with Triumph and Disaster" and "Trust Yourself When All Men Doubt You" (collected in Star Trek: The Next Generation: The Sky's the Limit, ed. Marco Palmieri, 2007)
- The Tears of Eridanus (collected in Star Trek: Myriad Universes: Shattered Light, 2010)
- Star Trek: A Choice of Catastrophes (2011)
as Steve Mollmann, with Jens Deffner
- "James Swallow interview" (Unreality SF, 3 Nov. 2009)
as Steven Mollmann (peer reviewed)
- "The War of the Worlds in the Boston Post and the Rise of American Imperialism: 'Let Mars Fire.'" English Literature in Transition, vol 53, no. 4, Aug. 2010, pp. 387-412.
- "Observing Observation: The Ethical Investigator in Elizabeth Gaskell’s Wives and Daughters." Gaskell Journal, vol. 27, 2013, pp. 88-107.
- "Air-Ships and the Technological Revolution: Detached Violence in George Griffith and H. G. Wells." Science Fiction Studies, vol. 42, no. 1, Mar. 2015, pp. 20-41.
- "The Body, the Bomb, and the Domestication of the Technologies of Global Capitalism in the Postcolonial Science Fiction of Manjula Padmanabhan." Journal of Commonwealth and Postcolonial Studies, vol. 3, no. 2, Fall 2015, pp. 76-100. [appendix]
- "The Female Amateur Scientist and the Sense for Conduct in Heart and Science: Blind to Matter and Morals." Wilkie Collins Journal (forthcoming).
as Steven Mollmann (other contributed work)
- "Space Travel in Science Fiction" (collected in Sense of Wonder: A Century of Science Fiction, ed. Leigh Ronald Grossman, 2011)
- "'…to see the object as in itself it really is.'" (The First-Year Writing Blog, University of Connecticut, 13 Sept. 2013)
- "Everything is Gothic." Rev. of Gothic Science Fiction, 1818 to the Present, by Sian MacArthur. Science Fiction Studies, vol. 43, no. 2, July 2016, pp. 400-02.
- Rev. of Star Trek: Discovery, Season 1, created by Bryan Fuller and Alex Kurtzman. SFRA Review, no. 324, Spring 2018, pp. 23-24.
- "Griffith, George (1857–1906)" (collected in The Companion to Victorian Popular Fiction, ed. Kevin Morrison, forthcoming)