as Steve Mollmann
- "The Alternative Factors: IDW's Star Trek comics by the numbers" (Unreality SF, 28 June 2010)
- "His Humanity Proven" (part 8 of The Twelve Doctors of Christmas, Tor.com, 2 Jan. 2011)
- "Frank Reade Jr.’s Electric Time Canoe; or, The Search for the Origins of Steampunk: A Remarkable Adventure in Time and Empire" (collected in Wildthyme in Purple, eds. Stuart Douglas and Cody Quijano-Schell, 2011)
- "Lasting impressions" (part 1 of Celebrating Tie-Ins, Unreality SF, 2 Apr. 2013)
as Steve Mollmann, with Michael Schuster
- Star Trek: S.C.E. #62: What's Past, Book Two: The Future Begins (2006, collected in Star Trek: Corps of Engineers: What's Past, 2010)
- "Meet with Triumph and Disaster" and "Trust Yourself When All Men Doubt You" (collected in Star Trek: The Next Generation: The Sky's the Limit, ed. Marco Palmieri, 2007)
- The Tears of Eridanus (collected in Star Trek: Myriad Universes: Shattered Light, 2010)
- Star Trek: A Choice of Catastrophes (2011)
as Steve Mollmann, with Jens Deffner
- "James Swallow interview" (Unreality SF, 3 Nov. 2009)
as Steven Mollmann (peer reviewed)
- "The War of the Worlds in the Boston Post and the Rise of American Imperialism: 'Let Mars Fire.'" English Literature in Transition 53.4 (Aug. 2010): 387-412.
- "Observing Observation: The Ethical Investigator in Elizabeth Gaskell’s Wives and Daughters." Gaskell Journal 27 (2013): 88-107.
- "Air-Ships and the Technological Revolution: Detached Violence in George Griffith and H. G. Wells." Science Fiction Studies 42.1 (Mar. 2015): 20-41.
- "The Body, the Bomb, and the Domestication of the Technologies of Global Capitalism in the Postcolonial Science Fiction of Manjula Padmanabhan." Journal of Commonwealth and Postcolonial Studies 3.2 (Fall 2015): 76-100. [appendix]
- "The Female Amateur Scientist and the Sense for Conduct in Heart and Science: Blind to Matter and Morals." Wilkie Collins Journal (forthcoming).
as Steven Mollmann (other contributed work)
- "Space Travel in Science Fiction" (collected in Sense of Wonder: A Century of Science Fiction, ed. Leigh Ronald Grossman, 2011)
- "'…to see the object as in itself it really is.'" (The First-Year Writing Blog, University of Connecticut, 13 Sept. 2013)
- "Everything is Gothic." Rev. of Gothic Science Fiction, 1818 to the Present, by Sian MacArthur. Science Fiction Studies 43.2 (July 2016): 400-02.
- "Griffith, George (1857–1906)" (collected in The Companion to Victorian Popular Fiction, ed. Kevin Morrison, forthcoming)