07 January 2008

Archival Review: Star Trek: Titan: Sword of Damocles by Geoffrey Thorne

Mass market paperback, 352 pages
Published 2007
Acquired November 2007

Read December 2007
Star Trek: Titan: Sword of Damocles
by Geoffrey Thorne

I think that, of all the current ongoing concepts in the world of Trek fiction, it is that of Titan that excites me the most.  I will very likely renege on that with some other review, but it's true enough now.  The latest installment in the series was my favorite yet.  It's got some complicated time travel stuff that made my head hurt (and normally I like those sort of things), but the handling of the characters, especially Vale, Dakal, Modan, Xin, Huilan, and (most of all) Jaza made it shine; Dakal is rapidly shaping up to be a favorite character of mine. The amount of exploration that can be done within Titan as well as without continues to impress; I look forward to the series continuing after the Destiny mega-event at the end of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment