11 October 2024

Am I Alive???

Having finally caught up on both Oz books and Star Trek Adventures modules, I don't have any content queued up for today (Friday) as I write this today (Wednesday).

If you have followed the news at all, you will know that Hurricane Milton is about to hit (has just hit) the Tampa Bay area, where I have the dubious honor to reside. We haven't evacuated for a hurricane since Irma in 2017, but for reasons that seemed good at the time, my wife and kids decided to go up to Columbia to hang with friends while schools were closed; meanwhile, I would stay here to prep the house and ride out the storm.

Once they left Monday morning and it became increasingly clear the storm was headed directly our way, we began to wonder if this was the right call. We don't have, say, storm shutters or a generator! So as I write this Wednesday morning, I am soon to head out to the house of some friends who live nearby and do indeed have both of those things.

Milton will hit tonight. Recent trends have it probably making impact to the south, which is good, because the original estimated track took it basically right over where we live!

So what will happen? Well, by the time you read this, you will know, but as I sit here writing it, I have no idea. Hopefully my house is still intact.

And hopefully so am I.

EDIT AT 9:20 AM ON FRIDAY: I am alive, and my house is intact.

No comments:

Post a Comment