Hugo Reading Progress

2024 Hugo Awards Progress
11 items read/watched / 57 (19.30%)

03 December 2018

Reading Roundup Wrapup: November 2018

Pick of the month: The Monster Baru Cormorant by Seth Dickinson. I mean, it's arguable that I read better books this month in the sense that I read books that completely set out to do what they do. (The Assassination of Brangwain Spurge, for example, or little me.) But when it comes to ambition and complexity, nothing I read this month rivals the second Baru Cormorant book, and certainly nothing will stick with me as long.

All books read:
1. The Assassination of Brangwain Spurge by M. T. Anderson
2. The New Doctor Who Adventures: Zamper by Gareth Roberts
3. Binti: The Night Masquerade by Nnedi Okorafor
4. Star Trek: Leonard McCoy, Frontier Doctor by John Byrne
5. Bernice Summerfield: The Weather On Versimmon by Matthew Griffiths
6. little me: My autobiography by Matt Lucas
7. The Monster Baru Cormorant by Seth Dickinson
8. Star Wars: Dark Times, Volume One: The Path to Nowhere by Welles Hartley and Mick Harrison
9. Femininity, Mathematics and Science, 1880-1914 by Claire G. Jones
10. Black Bolt: Home Free by Saladin Ahmed

Numbers are up slightly. Yay!

All books acquired:
1. Deucalion, also, The King of the Golden River, The Eagle's Nest, Arrows of the Chace by John Ruskin
2. little me: My autobiography by Matt Lucas
3. Machineries of Empire, Book Three: Revenant Gun by Yoon Ha Lee
4. The Spy Who Loved Me by Ian Fleming with Vivienne Michel

Books remaining on "To be read" list: 653 (down 3)
Books remaining on "To review" list: 15 (up 5)

No comments:

Post a Comment