Hugo Reading Progress

2024 Hugo Awards Progress
11 items read/watched / 57 (19.30%)

03 July 2019

Hugos 2019: Trail of Lightning by Rebecca Roanhorse

Trade paperback, 287 pages
Published 2018

Acquired April 2019
Read May 2019
The Sixth World, Book One: Trail of Lightning
by Rebecca Roanhorse

I enjoyed this book at first, but as it went on, I cared less and less. But I don't think it's the book's fault. It's essentially urban fantasy except there are no cities because it takes place on a reservation. It has all the other trappings, though: badass woman with attitude who wears leather fighting monsters, a will-they-won't-they love interest. Anyway, all this is to say that urban fantasy is a genre that just doesn't interest me, no matter how well written, and we can't blame Rebecca Roanhorse for that, but by the time I got to the end, I was bored.

No comments:

Post a Comment