31 July 2020

"Tell You Facts and Feelings"

I think my previous blog organizational system ("New Book Mondays," "Reading Project Tuesdays," &c.) has largely outlived its usefulness. It was helpful to provide some structure when I had a big backlog, but now that I've finally caught up on my reviews, it seems kind of pointless. So I am doing a slight restructuring around here. I'm going to aim for a three-days-a-week posting schedule following this pattern:
  • MONDAYS and WEDNESDAYS will be reviews. This will include the book reviews that dominate this blog's content, but also include reviews of comics and films and audios and stuff that previously I put under my Friday tag. But having caught up, based on this past year's reading, I don't read enough books to fill two days per week. (So, I guess, there will be some Mondays and Wednesdays where I don't post anything.)
  • FRIDAYS will continue to be my "Friday ramblings," where I write essays about things. I think I will continue to reserve the last Friday of the month for answering a New York Times writing prompt. I'm not sure if I'll institute other topics for other weeks or take things more free-form. Before the spring semester destroyed my posting schedule, I had intended to post about parenting the second-last Friday of each month, and also start a series about pedagogy. Neither of those plans survived first contact with the enemy, but maybe I will try again. I also think it would be nice to blog about my research more consistently. So we'll see!
As before, I will also post my "reading roundup" on the first weekday of the month, so it will occasionally preempt the above features. I think that's it!

No comments:

Post a Comment