Hugo Reading Progress

2024 Hugo Awards Progress
14 read/watched / 47 total (29.79%)

02 May 2023

Reading Roundup Wrapup: April 2023

Pick of the month: Royal Blood by Una McCormack. To be honest, kind of a weak month. I am not quite sure why I only ended up finishing six books, as I felt like I was reading fairly steadily (sickness aside), but nothing in particular stood out, so I went with this, a solid Doctor Who tie-in.

All books read:

  1. Dragonsinger: Volume Two of the Harper Hall Trilogy by Anne McCaffrey
  2. Dragondrums: Volume Three of the Harper Hall Trilogy by Anne McCaffrey
  3. Other Words for Home by Jasmine Warga
  4. Batman/Wildcat by Chuck Dixon, Beau Smith, Sergio Cariello, et al.
  5. Doctor Who: The Glamour Chronicles: Royal Blood by Una McCormack
  6. The Masterharper of Pern by Anne McCaffrey 

All books acquired:

  1. Ojo in Oz by Ruth Plumly Thompson, illustrated by John R. Neill
  2. Speedy in Oz by Ruth Plumly Thompson, illustrated by John R. Neill
  3. Star Trek: Prey, Book 1: Hell's Heart by John Jackson Miller
  4. Doctor Who: The Glamour Chronicles: Royal Blood by Una McCormack
  5. The Masterharper of Pern by Anne McCaffrey
  6. Nerilka's Story: A Pern Adventure by Anne McCaffrey
  7. The Chronicles of Pern: First Fall by Anne McCaffrey
  8. Dragonseye by Anne McCaffrey
  9. Lost Places: Stories by Sarah Pinsker
  10. Fantastic 4 by Mark Millar & Bryan Hitch Omnibus by Mark Millar, Bryan Hitch, et al.

A lot of books this month! Dominated by the fact that I started to read some Pern books I already own, and I decided to flesh out what I had with some more stuff that interested me.

Currently reading:

  • Black Panther Epic Collection: Panther’s Prey by Don McGregor, Sandy Plunkett, Gene Colan, Dwayne Turner, Denys Cowan, Don Hillsman II, et al.
  • I Shall Wear Midnight by Terry Pratchett
  • Twenty-First Century Science Fiction edited by David G. Hartwell and Patrick Nielsen Hayden
  • Lost Places: Stories by Sarah Pinsker
  • Moreta: Dragonlady of Pern by Anne McCaffrey 

Next up in my rotations:

  1. Nerilka's Story: A Pern Adventure by Anne McCaffrey
  2. American Splendor: Our Movie Year by Harvey Pekar et al.
  3. These Heroic, Happy Dead by Luke Mogelson
  4. Star Trek: Deep Space Nine: The Missing by Una McCormack

Books remaining on "To be read" list: 675 (no change) 

Broke my run of three months of decrease, but it does make four months of no increase.

No comments:

Post a Comment